My specific NCLEX test plan/guide for Passing the NCLEX
Download my NCLEX pdf guide at: http://www.simplefitnurse.com
My NCLEX video series:
• I put useful tips and tricks that I found while doing uworld questions and studying that you may benefit from!
• All my e-books are free and downloadable at: www.simplefitnurse.com
Resources that I used:
1. Saunders Comprehensive Review for NCLEX-RN
○ This is not the best nor is it the worst. I used it because I found the .pdf of this book online.
To purchase the textbooks:
$88 one: https://amzn.to/3iNcHLU
$28 one: https://amzn.to/2FVdPOJ
○ It is expensive but it is worth it.
Day 1 – 20:
1. Write content needed to review EVERYDAY, things you need to memorize
○ Continue updating as you see fit. This includes things such as lab values, personal protective gear, immunization shot charts etc…
○ I will provide what I used but I highly recommend you make your own.
2. Read 4 chapters of Saunders textbook
○ Take notes on what you think will be examable
○ Remember that you need to understand concepts; don’t get too into detail, always remember what I said in video that the test is aiming to assess your ability to think like a nurse.
○ Write them in a way that you can test yourself. You can download mine but I highly recommend you make your own. www.thesimplefitprogram.com
3. One NCLEX review video from youtube:
○ SarahRN has great videos:
○ RegisteredNurseRN has great videos:
4. Complete 30 questions on uworld based on the sections you did. For example if you did mental health review, do questions ONLY about mental health.
After making notes for each section, you should focus more on areas where you are weak. Look at your nursing test exams or your grades for nursing school and identify where you need to review more of. For me I did the worst in peds and maternity so I focused on doing that more. So this was my template I followed from day 20+.
Day 21 – 45:
1. Review memoizable content you created for 30 minutes.
2. Review notes for each section so review 4 sections each day.
○ This is where I reviewed more on sections I was weak in.
3. Review video again on areas you have knowledge deficits.
4. Complete 75 questions each day.
○ Review rationales and write down core concepts of what you did wrong.
1. You must score above 60% on every uworld exam. If you do not score above that and DO NOT write the exam.
○ Use the questions you’ve done and go to the uworld analytics page for each exam. It will tell you which section you got the most wrong in. Identify where you are doing poorly in and focus on reviewing content/doing questions to increase your score in that section.
2. 3500 questions on uworld
○ 30 * 20 = 600
○ 25 * 75 = 1,875
○ 1,875 + 600 = 2,475 ○ ~2,476 questions by the end of this.
3. Remember you should see improvements as you do the exams on day 21 – 45. If you are scores are not improving when taking the exams you should re-focus on doing something that suites your learning needs. If that means reading less and doing more questions or watching videos then do that. Everyone learns differently so focus on doing what works for you.
3 thoughts on “My specific NCLEX test plan/guide for Passing the NCLEX”
Hi colleagues, nice post and pleasant urging commented here,
I am really enjoying by these.
Hello, all the time i used to check weblog posts here in the early hours in the daylight, for the reason that i like to find out more and more.
When some one searches for his necessary thing, thus he/she needs to be available that in detail,
therefore that thing is maintained over here.